tools and things we use when building

forum_image_63adab2dc8df4.thumb.png.4a687b50593e6b8c0e1e87920db7f99d.png

tweezers ones on the left are at the cheep end of the scale not so good at holding things but found them great at opening my tins of paint as they do fit under the lip of them, ones on the right are a better quality and thicker steel great at holding small bits as they don't bend

forum_image_63adaf09a3d7c.thumb.png.7884a668c8b96310700bfacc17ccb30d.png

side snips 2 different sizes, i use these for cutting parts of sprue, not too close to the part at first, trim close to the edge with a knife and finish with the file, i don't have a precision saw yet. scissors i use for cutting out decals and tape

forum_image_63adb27337e4a.thumb.png.168a612520ebc03d4daf6ce22ddd2370.png

i use all different types and sizes of brushes, once they are no good i pull off the end and putting a bit of blue tack on i use to stick things in for painting like pilots or the seats any small fiddly bits, its a lot easier to hold the old paint brush handle and turn whilst painting

forum_image_63adb7c3231ba.thumb.png.b0564d86760b5a0083bafb1876160fbf.png

one of the best things i bought, with my eyes not as good these days even with glasses for seeing close up, once i got use to it i could see all the bits of paint i had been missing on small parts and small decals i can see if they are upside down, and great for seeing when putting small fiddly parts together

Hi rod got the magnifying kit from hobby craft, they have two different ones one that fits like a pair of glasses and the headband one, i got the headband one so i don't knock my glasses off when i take it off, it comes with 4 different lenses and you can use two at once i found that using one is ok with me for now.

its made a big difference in what i can do, took a bit to get use to it and sort out which lens to use, i tried all combinations and settled on just the one lese.

I'm able to read the small decals on 1:72 scale now so there is no excuse for me getting them upside down now joy makes fitting the small fiddly parts together a lot easier to see that they are right and when it comes to painting i had never noticed i was missing bits on the small pieces like on the aircraft wheels and legs.

wish i had got one a lot earlier its made a big difference

forum_image_63af2d1464269.png.fbbbe405cc7828aa34c440a01d30b3a0.png

Pipe cleaners I use for cleaning one of my airbrushes.

Pallet knives can be used to mix oil paints, sculpt seascapes and diorama bases.

Dentists probes can be handy for sculpting.

Needle files.

A contour gauge.

Pin Vice and miniature drill bits.

Hole punch set.

forum_image_63af3019e7a7d.png.48db7046f843ff6deb73ca29dc92209f.png

I use the lighter to unblock precision glue needles

No More Nails, i mainly use on dioramas

Sylmasta A & B putty, good for sculpting

A soldering iron, can be used to weld tank tracks

Tamiya, unknown and decorator's masking tape and refills

Cyanoacrylate (super glue)