Help - Railmaster Throttle UI - Sliders Not Sliding

forum_image_63b456c0c6b9d.png.54808e539a41edd31d0ee5d96c907a1b.png

What does not work:

1) I can not control the loco speeds for any loco by sliding the throttle slider, either in the Locos Control Area (small controls on right hand side) or in the Large Screen Popup controller. My mouse does not pick up the slider and move it.

2) I can use the shunt/cruise/stop(pause) buttons in the loco control area (small controller), the buttons are in a fetching blue colour. When I use these, the slider moves to the corresponding position. In the large screen popup the buttons are grey and clicking on them has no effect.

3) The forward/reverse buttons in both areas are greyed and clicking on them has no effect.

What does work:

i) All the function buttons to control sound work from both small and large controllers.

ii) The slider works on my android app to control the loco speed and the sliders on the screen move to match the set speed.

iii) when I set Enable mouse=1 in railmaster.ini I can control the speed with the scroll wheel and change direction with the mouse buttons. The UI updates with direction and speed.

I am running Railmaster on a high spec laptop PC with windows 8.1.

I have tried version Railmaster 1.72, 1.72, and 1.74.5. Same issue in all 3. The sliders have never worked by dragging or clicking on them with the mouse (either laptop trackpad or wired mouse connected directly to a USB port). I have tried deleting the ini file and restarting. I have NOT tried releasing my product keys (railmaster + handheld) and completely wiping railmater off the system and re-installing from scratch and re-entering the product keys - is this the next step?

Has anybody got any ideas please?

A complete reinstall will not fix the problem. Reverting to older versions brings back the grief the later updates were introduced to fix.

Install the very latest version over your existing version using the download link to fetch it.

I would say you have overruled the slider by invoking mouse control, suggest you set your .ini file back to disable mouse control.

If Rob’s mouse control suggestion does not solve your problem, send a Help request email to HRMS via the inbuilt system in the RM help tab. Make sure you give them as much detail as you can or they will likely first come back asking for it. Also, first try to operate the sliders and fail before you send your email.

Sending from within RM is better than an external email to them as it sends a log file to them as well, hence trying to operate the sliders before you send.

You should get an immediate auto-acknowledge when you send too.

Some more information on my setup of probably no help whatsoever in diagnosis.

1) I am using an eLink controller.

2) If I double click on the word "Forward" in the large popup controller I crash the program!

And in reply...

I did try changing the mouse enable setting back to zero (disable) but as I have always had this issue and only enabled it a few days ago to see if that improved things (it didn't), disabling it did not improve matters. Still, worth a try to see if "kick started" something.

As mentioned I am on 1.74.5, which I believe is the latest version.

I don't know if this is worth a try but if you delete your .ini file (or temporarily move it somewhere else) will Railmaster generate a new .ini file when you restart it? Maybe the .ini file is corrupted or something. Could be worth a try anyway...

SOLVED !

I did try deleting the ini file but that didn't help.

As any software person will know the standard response (after turning the power off and on) is re-install the software. So before I contacted HRMS I did just that. I de-registered my copy of Railmaster and Handhel App, uninstalled Railmaster, wiped the directory, rebooted (to remove any open files) and did a clean install.

I then re-entered the details of my 3 locos - "Hogwarts Castle" Hall class TTS, HST 225 GWR Class 800 with a Valenta HST 125 TTS chip (a neat installation if I say so myself as chip has to go inside the main body when you have a speaker, and yes, I know its wrong but I liked the sound), and the R6888 TTS Vent Van with sound chip.

All looked good with all 3 units properly enabled until I re-ordered my loco list and put the vent van at the top. Immediately everything stopped working as in my initial post. Putting the vent van at the bottom again and everything started working.

I did some playing around and the problem is this:

forum_image_63b708e384cef.png.0977e63f70b1b62aa6a142da3da50e62.png

The database for the Vent Van has a shunt and cruising speed of zero. Not unreasonable as there is no motor, just a sound chip. Thus it has no forward or reverse and the arrows are greyed out - see the red circles on above jpeg - and the throttle slider is non functioning. Also the large popup controller for it has its speed controls greyed out its slider is non functioning as well. Note that the 2 locos above the vent van in the right hand list have functioning forward and reverse buttons (blue circles) and the sliders do work.

Now move the vent van to the top of the list and everything stops working for ALL the items (including the larger popup controllers) and all the forward/reverse buttons are greyed out - see image in initial post. Also note that instead of pink headers at the top of the slider in the initial post image, the image on this post shows green headers.

My problem was that the Vent Van was my first TTS purchase, so the first item entered, and the one at the top of the list.

So, now you know. If you have one or both of the 2 TTS vent vans, put them at the bottom of the list and/or change the default cruising/shunting speeds from zero to 5 (or any other number you choose).

• 2 weeks later...

Bug logged with HRMS 9/1/23. Automatic response received.

Follow up email 11/1/23 asking me to install V1.74.5 - which I was on anyway. Why doesn't the bug logging interface send this info anyway?

Replied with info and added screen shots and a fuller version of the error than can be fitted into their bug logging interface, including the workarounds.

Another email 16/1/23 in reply to my last one (so they have seen it) saying "We will set up a test here to try and replicate the issue, then fix it for the next program update."

Awaiting an email saying they can or can't replicate the issue.