Mesh connection on HM DC controllers

BurwellMike

I have never been able to setup a Mesh connection on my 6000/6010 controllers. It all works fine with standard Bluetooth, but when I try and do a Firmware update (my controllers were some of the first dispatched) it tells me to change to Mesh, which I cannot do.

I have tried on a Samsung galaxy, Sony Experia, Apple IPad, and more recently a new Google pixel. Same result on all of them so it doesn't look like a phone issue. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Many thanks for the reply. I have always deleted the controllers before I switch phones, I have also tried a factory reset but all with the same result it refuses to connect both controllers with the Mesh option. However this time, and with the new Google Pixel phone, I tried to connect only the HM 6000 (with the 6010 powered off), it did appear to connect and then allowed the firmware update screen Unfortunately it then reported that the Firmware was invalid and wouldn't proceed. Also when I then tried to add the 6010 it was not recognized via Mesh.

Changed back to BLE and all worked again, albeit without the ability to update Firmware.

The installed firmware is 1.8.2 on the HM6000 and 1.6.3 on the HM 6010.

Also I don't know what you mean by "you need more than one node to form a mesh" - what is a node? (please excuse my ignorance!)

Thanks again

Latest firmware versions are 6000 - v1.11.0 and 6010 - v1.8.0. These updates are seen in the HM7K app which is not on general release yet, however when I try to update them via the HM6K app I also see the invalid firmware error, so I will flag that back to Hornby for review.

6010 v1.7.1 was introduced to HM6K app but was withdrawn and users advised to revert to v1.6.3 for reasons I forget now. But things have moved on since then and I had expected updates to read across both apps.

A node is any bluetooth device that can be meshed, i.e. 6000, 6010 and all the new decoder range and dongle can talk to each other and the app as a group. The plan is to use the existing HM6K kit as nodes in the HM7K scenario. The 6000 can be used to power the track or simply to sit there as a bluetooth repeater. The 6010 will be the accessory decoder same as in HM6K use. The more nodes you have alive the more robust your mesh is and each live node helps any node that drops out to automatically rejoin the mesh.

Thanks again for the reply. This prompted be to look at the HM7K system which looks great so maybe I will migrate to that when it comes out, provided I can set up a mesh network!

Thanks also for the explanation of nodes. In view of this it seems odd that the only way I can connect using mesh is when I only have one unit powered up, and refuses to connect a second unit (6010) until I change to BLE.

As it works ok with BLE and the existing firmware I will leave it alone and hopefully the HM7K app will overcome my MESH issues in the future