High Fell, BR (NER) in TT 120

Rallymatt

Ha Ha Too Tall, The navvies have been ‘on it’ Plan is to have it all wired for power and points by end of today and if tests ok, glue the track down. Waiting on a scenic item to go in before the arches section can be fully secured.

Yes rakes of conflats and 21t mineral wagons will be required. And from that should be able to make some interesting mixed freight that will serve High Fell. A 9f is desperately needed although that won’t make it arrive any faster 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Wow it's looking great I can only drool at doing something like this grinning. But hey Rome wasn't built in a day and the longest journey starts with the first step and all that! neutral_face

By the way I used to go out with a girl from Low Fell slightly_smiling_face

Cheers Steve, it’s not as hard as people tell you, some research on techniques and as you said, take your time and keep going! It’s amazing how quickly things can start to come together. High Fell name seemed quite logical with Low Fell being at other end of the line! 😁

TT, it’s taken hours…and hours 🤣 Smothering £100 worth of track with 2kg of modelling clay is not for the faint hearted! It’s not a difficult task, just one that takes a lot of time over different stages. I’m pleased with the results, the cracks and marks have really come up well. As usual it’s the weathering that makes it all stand out.

Thanks SJ.

A lot still to do and a few ideas that are not quite firmed up yet. That’s one of the parts I love about the hobby, adapting and evolving the plan as it develops

Thank you SCF, the extension for the dock scene is on a board 2.5 m x 250mm. I think it’s a good indicator of what you can really do with TT:120 in modest spaces. In OO it would just not been possible to get anything like this in the space. Even the Docks alone done as an L shaped end to end layout could provide a really interesting operational and scenic layout. I know the argument N could do even more but TT is as small as I would want to go for detail and making things 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Popped a new video up that covers the layout 😁

The lights are run off a controller, same for docks, they are ‘warm White’ LEDs so have a nice yellow glow. The controller means no need for resistors, there is rheostat so 3v with some fine tuning

@SCF, it has! It was a ‘spare’ bedroom but typically one that is hardly big enough to accommodate a bed let alone any useful furniture, but in TT:120 it’s a great opportunity, in OO it would still be quite restricted on what could be done. Any further extensions to layout are going to require a hole through a wall….. not sure that’s going to happen….yet! 🤣

@Jacob, there is a full lap in the video and I will pop some overview pics here too and a track plan (there is one here I think, already) The main platform at High Fell can take 6 Mk1 coaches and a Pacific class loco, next passenger platform it’s 5. That will mainly be doing local passenger and parcels when that stock arrives. A standard class 4MT would be lovely on that. Over on St James’s Quay, the passenger terminal takes 6 MK1s and two Pacifics, one backs on to the train to do the return trip