Loco Pre-order - will I be able to opt for a HM7000 decoder as opposed to the existing ones?

Picnic

So I've got a Black 5 pre-order in the system, this was to be supplied with a DDC decoder already fitted. By the the time the loco is available the new HM7000 kit should all be available to. Is there the intension to allow buyers the option of the existing decoder or having one of the newer ones? Please let me have a HM7000 one!

BL based decoders are a killer feature in my book.

Don’t know - a question for Customer Services. A lot will depend upon the Ts & Cs of the production run for that loco. Which Black 5 is it by R-number.

In the past some DCC-Fitted locos were provided with the obsolete R8215 decoder when it had long since been superseded by the R8249. This may be the case here where it comes with an R8249, or TTS if sound.

If its the new ‘with sound and smoke’ version then it has to be the 7000TXS decoder for it to work.

So they released last year locos requiring a decoder that is yet to be available this year...

They always stated they were developing a new decoder for the steam generator locos, so it's to be expected that that these new decoders are the TXS HM7000 versions (as you wouldn't develop two separate decoder technologies in parallel if you don't have to)