RailMaster & TrackMaster installation problems

Good Evening All and greetings from Ireland

My hard drive had a hissy fit the other day and died. Unfortunately, my rail master and track master systems also went to that graveyard wherein is located all knowledge that shall never be seen again.

I re-installed both systems and the codes that came with the CDs.,updater Rail Master and when I tried to open it, I got the lovely message that I needed a valid email address.

TrackMaster installed ok but when I tried to validate it I was told that the address given i.e. "support@ track-master.com" could not be reached.

I presume that Hornby received my request as regards Rail Master but I have not, as yet, received a reply or acknowledgment.

Gmail has returned my request to Ttrack Master verifying that it cannot connect.

Can anybody help me out please?

Thank you in advance for any help that I can get

Sincerely

Gerard Martin

Trackmaster is an obsolete product and likely the old email address has lapsed or fallen down a crack during the several website and forum updates over the years.

Contact customer services by phone and they should be able to sort it out.

Railmaster - in event of crashes such as yours you have to fill in their on line form to get the key code reset else you will be stuck in demo mode until it times out. You should have had an immediate auto-response from HRMS confirming they had received your request. Try a test send from with RM to check that out, then you will have their direct email for future contact.

The Railmaster valid email address error message usually indicates that you have not supplied the SAME email address that you used when you initially activated Railmaster the very first time. The details you submitted that very first time are stored in a text file called "activate.dat". You say your RM PC hard drive has failed, but if you extract the hard drive from the faulty PC and connect it via a USB caddy, then if you are lucky, you may still be able to access that file and read its contents in Windows Notepad.exe.

Dependent upon what BIOS your motherboard utilises you may find Paul's suggestion above may not work.

You will be told that your HDD must be formatted before the drive can be read by the system you are attempting to use to read the drive.

In this scenario you are strongly advised NOT to format the drive but to instead use a good data recovery program to pull the files back. You may need also to manually check each file for its content as some recovery software does not capture filenames, instead using a rather mind numbing numerical system instead.

Formatting the drive makes the reading of the drive quicker and files are not always lost but it is a risk not worthy of taking.

Be prepared to wait several hours to check the drive and a good while afterward to pull those required. Then you need to save those files, again taking time.

I always advise you should note all registration details for RM so Hornby can match you to a particular license quickly. Backup your files too.

AC