Scalextric set 55

Doug-1286567

Hi Doug,

Short (slightly flippant) answer: It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

These things are very cyclical, luckily right now, before it gets warm again you might find more interest than, say in June...

The easiest way to find out is to check out online auction sites and see how much they went for in the past.

Because of the huge popularity in the 70's-90's most of these sets are not worth much unless they are pristine and complete.

"Classic" track is worth maybe 10 pence/cents of your favorite currency per kilogram.

I personally got rid of all my Classic track and replaced it with the Sport versions. I did keep the Classic track though that has no Sport equivalent, like the Goodowood pit and chicane...

If you are more about joy than profit I suggest the following: Get the set up and running, maybe try to add some form of lap counting (Apps, classic lap counters, newer lap counters with converter track) and go to a school/club/association and let people have a go with the set.

There is a club in Worthing that did this regularly pre COVID and you get a lot of smiles for the 1/32 scale miles on track!