Hollybush Railway - TT120 layout photos

Dave the Busker

You have probably worked this out Dave, when using the powders, small amounts lightly dusted along then work it about. A common mistake is a brush full in one place. You can dampen it too. Good vac along to clear any loose powder and clean rails off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave the Busker said:

By the time I've got the whole layout covered in the stuff I'll probably have got the hang of it... 😂

Plus when u come and do mine, u will be the world's expert !!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Decided to rejig the factory area, possibly with some Metcalfe N factory buildings. I'd been looking at some other people's photos of their layouts and the Metcalfe buildings didn't seem out for TT. The weather's looking awful for busking in Glasgow the next few days so that could be a rainy day project. Also trying some card templates to visualise a tunnel area on the branchline. The joy of this hobby, even if an area looks finished, it never is. Always the chance to try something different 😂

large.A88F3C39-5EB1-4806-B45E-AE1F41ABBF86.jpeg.643bff42a8f200338ca162a7379e499e.jpeglarge.E0CE7B22-F8A7-49CD-9E2C-18B85D83A8DF.jpeg.503dfc971b629204459daf5824c3d2a0.jpeg

large.E9903297-6332-4D8D-B904-35AD95A22FBD.jpeg.87130cfd0a8c4364a47dfc91ee590cad.jpeg

• Like 4

I did this on mine when if first came, made a small card bulkhead and set some lead shot in Scenic Cement, the area behind the radiator and then the cab floor up to height of the windows. That additional little bit of weight makes a big difference, I have since also fitted a Zimo decoder and Lais stay alive which takes the model to another level of smooth snail pace operation. 

• Like 3

That's just Ernest of E. Brumfitt and Son locking up for the night. Son left early for the R.E.M. gig advertised on the poster by the workshop and left him to it 😂
(Going by the poster, that would be the 1998 Up tour, at which time my dad and grandpa did work as picture framers in a workshop a bit like that, and I did help out on a Saturday job from time to time, and did go to that R.E.M. tour at the Stirling Castle date. Love how much personal history you can work into a model railway!)

• Like 2