Hollybush Railway - TT120 layout photos

Dave the Busker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brilliant photo’s & loving the authentic sounds in YouTube videos too: loco’s, motorcycles, birds, voices etc. How do you do them? The 08 shutter makes wonderful noises - is a speaker installed? Presuming the loco sounds are with a hm7000 type system with Dcc sound built in speakers? I’m a novice where model railway sound is concerned!!

cheers Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Other than locos being fixed by Hornby nothing to report as yet. Not had time to send the controller down to Gaugemaster yet, and I'm assuming they'll be closed for Christmas. My dad's had a look at it and he can't find anything wrong with the controller or my wiring but I'll get Gaugemaster to check it over in the new year.

• 1 month later...

Made a start on my next project - installing street lights. Found a set on eBay that said they were N scale. They look pretty tall in a TT layout (not overly massive I think, but still quite big), so they must be pretty over sized for N. After spending most of the afternoon crawling around under the baseboard with a soldering iron, I've got one street lit up and I've managed not to burn the house down!

forum_image_65c25beb648c0.thumb.png.f23e95de36c5920e465f3034efd0c3c2.png

After spending most of the afternoon crawling around under the baseboard with a soldering iron, I've got one street lit up and I've managed not to burn the house down!

Looking great and not burning house down is a bonus lol!

Great work!

I'm soon to embark on a TT build from scratch myself. Baseboard timber arriving next week and then I can get to work. This will be a return to the hobby after nearly 50years and I finally have the time and space for a decent layout. Bit shocked at how expensive everything is, I can remember being given the Hornby 00 gauge Flying Scotsman as a Christmas present in the mid '70s and it cost £25! What a different world we live in now.

Great work!

I'm soon to embark on a TT build from scratch myself. Baseboard timber arriving next week and then I can get to work. This will be a return to the hobby after nearly 50years and I finally have the time and space for a decent layout. Bit shocked at how expensive everything is, I can remember being given the Hornby 00 gauge Flying Scotsman as a Christmas present in the mid '70s and it cost £25! What a different world we live in now.