A Vossloh Diesel DE 18 for 2024 shown at Nuremburg

bill7437

Hornby International have announced at the Nurnberg Toy Fair

four new Vossloh DE 18 Diesel Locos. Under the Jouef brand

HJ 2439 Akiem/Sncf Reseau HJ 2440 Colas Rail - under the Rivarossi brand HR 2920 DB North Rail HR 2921 Rail Adventure these for release in 2024. It is not clear whether these are special editions for France

and Germany or whether they will be on general release as they are

not included in the 2023 International catalogue.

There was a thread on another forum regarding the Hornby Int'l DE18 and not being able to find it either online or in the catalogue download. I confused it with the Effishunter 1000. It does seem strange that the DE18 doesn't appear on this website. I can understand a specific livery maybe being reserved for a particular retailer but not every version of the model. Maybe a late addition or simply an omission.

There is also an Electrotren wagon that has missed the catalogue and website. I am trying to track one down and it doesn't appear restricted to a specific retailer. It is HE6069.

Edit: Just reread your post and I suppose if the DE18 is planned for 2024, then fair enough not being in the 2023 catalogue though it does seem odd announcing so early.

There was a leaflet given out at the Nurnberg Fair listing these four models.

I received this information and a copy of the leaflet from my friend in France who runs the website les trainsjouef. The other announcement was from me but because of an error on my part appeared in the Collector Club section of this forum. I hope this will explain the two announcements.