Millwood begins (my layout).

Too Tall

Pic heavy update inbound !

I have chipped the locos and got basic digital functionality working, still need fine tuning.

I had 2 shunters, one was a good runner OOTB, the other wasn't, sods law I picked up the wrong one to chip !

Note, I used GM chips and the 6 pin for the shunter does not fit in the plastic housing, meaning the body wouldn't go back on, so a bit of light dremeling and some blue tack remedied that !

Then I took of the wheel contacts plate, fixed the strips so they made contact all the time and she is running fine now. I also had to do that on the Mallards tender.

Digital is on the Elite controller, not yet sound and app based, but I may go that way in future (app looks a simpler way to control all the bells and whistles ... literally !).

I may get one of the Bluetooth Sound chips to try first as I am not sure if I will like the sound yet.

To do: More people, Signals and Detais,details,details. Along with vehicle paint/reaints, repaint shunter to a earlier, more appropriate livery and some wagon weathering + loads. slightly_smiling_face

I thought I had enough wagons, but now they are all on track, I think more are needed.

Anyhow, enough waffle, here are the latest pics (excuse blur on moving locos).

attachment.php?thumbnail=31182   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31183   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31184   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31185   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31186   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31187   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31188   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31189   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31190   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31191   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31192   

attachment.php?thumbnail=31193  

Conversion ? hardly that TBH Fishy, I just trimmed the edges off the plastic tray the length of the chip as it sat on and not in on my loco. It was around 1mm or so wider than the blanking plug which was a snug fit. I don't think it constitutes a mod as such, if indeed, that is what you were referring too ?

Odd that RM didn't have to do that though ... I believe its the same chip I used ? GM DCC93 Ruby 2 function.

@RM. The company I got them from is: battlefield3d:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114533678275?hash=item1aaabd3cc3:g:5ssAAOSwGothPMWS

All the as yet unpainted resin vehicles I have on the layout are from them. I had to ask for them to do 1:120 as they are normally 1:100 so may be worth sending a message ?

The truck by the goods shed is an Austin K2 GS, the one by the brewery is an AEC Matador - Open Rear.

A couple of videos while I have been learning the digital ropes.

First off a slow crawl ... actually it can do about half this speed again, quite impressive I thought.

And a bit of acceleration and coast down settings with auto sound I did have to manually brake the last bit as I was going to overshoot some, but you still get the brake squeal if you let it coast to a stop  Cool 

I love how I can dial it to my desired speed and let it build itself up to it  Rofl

• 7 months later...

A short video of a bit of todays running session, having just got round to setting up the BT dongle 😜 but I did use the Elite to control the Gronk as it was easier for me. Please excuse the camera work, videoing while operating is tricky, and even though I had downsized it on the PC, Vimeo still saw fit to "optimise" the video and make it more blurry without reducing file size 😄

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

A short video of a bit of todays running session, having just got round to setting up the BT dongle 😜 but I did use the Elite to control the Gronk as it was easier for me. Please excuse the camera work, videoing while operating is tricky, and even though I had downsized it on the PC, Vimeo still saw fit to "optimise" the video and make it more blurry without reducing file size 😄

Bought a tripod for when I want to film better videos

Edited by Postman On The Rails

Such as amazing layout! I’m always surprised by how good everyone’s TT layouts look!

Can I ask is that Hornby track? The 08 was running so smoothly I was wondering how it was achieved. I’m so bamboozled by the electronic aspect of it all.

5 minutes ago, Chris98 said:

Excellent layout and a non you tube vid, how did you upload that?

You add it as a choose files from your local machine just like you would load an image or if you already have it in your attachments use the other media drop down.

Posted (edited)

Thank you 😊

41 minutes ago, taunmarc88 said:

Can I ask is that Hornby track? The 08 was running so smoothly I was wondering how it was achieved. I’m so bamboozled by the electronic aspect of it all.

I have Hornby points and some Hornby track in sidings, but mostly it is Tillig.

Class 08 is fitted with a Zimo DCC decoder and a Hornby power bank.

Edited by Too Tall
typo's !
  • Thanks 1