Speed limiting controllers

Jamie-346772

Looking at Slot cars for my 4 year old and the speed limiting was something I liked, so I could raise the speed over time but not have to worry about his car flying off corners right now!

But I also want to buy the right set, will limiting the speed make loop the loops difficult or do magnets make this OK?

The latest version of Micro has very strong magnets. The funky shapes of the Whakey Racers and Loon´ey Toons make that necessary.

I am pretty sure they can handle the loops even at 25% power which is the slowest setting on the controller.

You can mitigate it a little by putting them in the middle of some straights so the highest possible speed can be achieved.

Guardrails from other brands such as Tyco or the older Micro track should fit as well. I am not 100% sure as I have never seen the track in person.

Alternatively people glue strips foam rubber on the outer edge. If you use hot glue you can remove it with alcohol later if you want.

Make sure the track is clean and rub it down with alcohol before gluing...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for help, my little un loves his justice league double loop set. He loves it and worn the Batman braids out, though they were in a state already. It was used so bought some guide plates and will buy some new cars due to this massive set costing me £8 plus guide plate costs. Glad I picked Scalextric over Carrera.