Track designer program

Steve-349814

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is a program called RailMaster that is officially for model railyways but can be used for Scalextric track as well since someone may want to combine the two.

I am not sure though.

There is of course WINE that allows Windows programs to work on Mac...

• 2 months later...

AnyRail is available on Windows and is currently supported. I have seen updates as recently as today (May 4, 2023).

The software supports all the Scalextric pieces for Scalextric Sport track including the digital track pieces. There are a couple other brands of libraries there as well.

I have had a coupe occassions to request additional pieces for the Scalextric Sport track pieces (c8205x = Extra long straight, and the c8435 = ARC Pro Powerbase). When I sent in the request in both cases it took less than 14days before a new update was released by DRail Modelspoor Software (the makers of AnyRail).

This software is also for train modelers. This means the programmers have a big enough market to keep doing these quick updates.

I've been using it for a few years and it's been very stable and I can't recall any crashes or the software every hanging/freezing etc.

Great tip!

I would be curious about how well the layouts you design actually match to the real world.

When I used Ultimate Racer there was always a little discrepancy between the layout I designed and the way it ended up working in real life.

The worst case scenario was I had to use two 22.5° R1 turns set back to front to get track to match up because the ends were a good 3-4 cm off.