New Mini Clubman C4337

Andy-347006

After a long wait on pre-order I've just received my Richard Longman 1275GT Mini C4337, is it me or is the front end totally wrong?

What it appears to have happened is that Scalextric have modified the front of the classic mini shape by sticking the clubman grill on the front but forgot to lengthen the front of the car as per the real thing!

This is strange as they got the proportions right on the 1980's version of the Clubman, the new version looks totally wrong and snub nosed.

I'm pretty use to looking at a Mini Clubman front as I have recently restored the real thing!

Another issue that looks messy is the roll cage, it's way too thick and nothing like design of the real thing, looks like someone is carrying a car full of scaffolding pipes!

Anyone else have any thoughts on the new Mini Clubmans?

• 6 months later...

I have just checked the hundreds of images on the internet and you are correct.

Also, it is being sold as "Patrick Motorsport Richard Longman 1979" and it clearly is not. Apart from some obviously deliberately missed decals, like Nick Swift, it is decorated as it was driven in the Gerry Marshall Trophy Race at Goodwood in 2014.

After the televised and continued emphasis on accuracy for Airfix and Hornby, why is this not applied to Scalextric?