Beginner questions

I have searched here and elsewhere, but have a few unanswered questions:

1) Pace car available in all modes or just the specific pace car mode?

2) Is there anything special about each of the modes or do they differ in just certain options are hidden in some of the modes?

3) Why do we need to select the track set? Is that simply to do the speed calculations and conversions to MPH? What happens once I buy more track expansions and add them to make the layout larger? Won't all that be off then?

Thanks.

*** I think you have to always run a a race or practice. I haven't done it for a long time, I'm afraid. It kind of makes sense as the main point of a pace car is to compare and practice so you need some timing and lap counting to do that.
2) Is there anything special about each of the modes or do they differ in just certain options are hidden in some of the modes?
*** Roughly the main difference is whether it is a timed race or a number of laps. I don't remember there being any bigger differences than that.
3) Why do we need to select the track set? Is that simply to do the speed calculations and conversions to MPH? What happens once I buy more track expansions and add them to make the layout larger? Won't all that be off then?
*** I have never found a good answer for this either. From my testing (which is a long time ago) there was no difference regardless of the track I chose. Since I was limited in space I saw no difference in speed or timing. Maybe if the track you select is huge it might make a difference. Otherwise just treat it as a step you have to do....
Thanks.

My answers above preceded by ***

One thing often not mentioned is the cars have to have a black guide blade. Either paint it or use a marker to make it black if it isn't. Otherwise the laps won't be counted...

Good luck!

*** I think you have to always run a a race or practice. I haven't done it for a long time, I'm afraid. It kind of makes sense as the main point of a pace car is to compare and practice so you need some timing and lap counting to do that.
*** Roughly the main difference is whether it is a timed race or a number of laps. I don't remember there being any bigger differences than that.
*** I have never found a good answer for this either. From my testing (which is a long time ago) there was no difference regardless of the track I chose. Since I was limited in space I saw no difference in speed or timing. Maybe if the track you select is huge it might make a difference. Otherwise just treat it as a step you have to do....
Thanks.

My answers above preceded by ***
One thing often not mentioned is the cars have to have a black guide blade. Either paint it or use a marker to make it black if it isn't. Otherwise the laps won't be counted...

Good luck!

Thanks, Andy. This is kind of what I thought.