HM Dcc app - no control

Joshua-348227

Oh dear, never mind, move on.

You may be surprised to know that each Hornby app (and other folks Bluetooth apps) scans for and finds any Bluetooth device within range, then filters out the non-Hornby ones from sight. That is why both apps find any Hornby Bluetooth module. Until a further trap is put in place to hide the digital devices from the analogue app then it relies upon education of users, which is what we are trying to do in these various posts.

You said Colin that your apps went onto the servers, undoubtedly Ford servers only for use by Ford garages, not into an App Store for Joe Public to use.

The app you downloaded does work for its intended purpose - running HM6K devices as stated by others. As stated by me in various post it does not and cannot run the decoders as there is no code in it to do so.

The HM7K app is a completely different beast which will run all Hornby Bluetooth devices in time.

I have said the scan code was pointing at the wrong app and that was an error, now temporarily corrected to point to the user information area pending a further change when the app is released to point to the play store.

Yes I know 96RAF about the scan I got a substantial number of devices when I did mine once I had setup the Bluetooth to be a different type. I just assumed the app store provided a pointer to the Hornby Website to run the install package but I must admit I am not an expert on this.