HM6010 connection not persistent

john_whitworth

In preparation for the HM | DCC app being released, various parts have arrived. I'll park the HM7000 decoder for now, and concentrate on the HM DC side of things.

I ordered the DC6010 and compatible 1A power supply. I also ordered the 4A track power supply, but have not connected that up as yet, as am really just bench testing for now.

I powered up the DC6010 successfully, and managed initial connections using my Samsung Galaxy S20+ phone. It is running the 1.6.3 firmware. I did see 1.10.1 in the update list, although 1.6.3 is still marked as the 'latest'.

After this initial connection, the DC6010 just disconnects, and shows the static red LED and flashing blue LED. I have tried reconnecting in the control menu, but it just says 'disconnected'. All I have connected is the 1A power supply, and a surface mount point into port 1 as a simple test, but nothing happens at all, no matter what I try. I have a track created and enabled, but just cannot seem to get a persistent connection to the HM6010. It appears in my Bluetooth menu, and if I click that, the blue LED goes static for a short while, then I get a message saying I need the app to connect to it, and the blue LED starts flashing again.

For what is supposedly simple, this seems really complicated - or am I totally missing something? Also, having bought both the 1A and 4A transformers, I see that a connection can be made directly to the track for power. Or is that just for HM | DC, and not HM7000?

I've realised the issue. I was trying to use this is MESH mode, but have seen from another post that you need more than one NODE to use MESH. So as I only have one HM6010 so far, that won't work. So I changed from MESH to BLE mode in settings (under Bluetooth Mode), and it works properly.

I presume that when I get my second HM6010, I can have a MESH connection instead?

Stick with 6010 v1.6.3 else you will find the module drops out every 59 seconds. The problem is being sorted but for now stay off v1.10.0.

Use of the 4-amp PSU is moot as it can provide supply for up to 4 x 6010s but you need to fabricate your own distribution board to feed them from the 1 PSU. The 1-amp PSU is OK for 1 x 6010 or 6000 module.

Try to avoid being confused by HM6000 and HM7000 usage as the 6K modules can be used as static nodes in the 7K app to reinforce the mesh. Have a read of the text tutorial guides for HM7000 in the support section additional manuals area, linked to from the HM |.| DCC forum section sticky.