Borders for small bits of track..

David-349662

Hi all, this is my first post on here so hopefully it's not too daft a question... I'm creating a scalextric version of Suzuka and I want to use borders and barriers to all the curves (of course). BUT, I cant seem to find borders for the 22.5 degree radius one bends or for the quarter straights and the smaller infill straights - do these type of borders exist?

Some of the curves (in particular 'Spoon' curve and 130R) have short sections of straight in them, and 22.5 degree R1 corners too.

If not I guess I'll just adapt and butcher some larger sections of barrier, but I thought it was worth an ask!

Well you have a few options:

Spanish Scalextric called SCX in most of the world has borders that fit Honrby Scalextric track perfectly and they have more radii available that Hornby offers.

They have a different structure and make up but you can try to paint them to get them to resemble the Hornby ones a bit.

They are readily available online particualrly on the Bay of E in Espanga...

They don't have all the curves and straights though so a little hacking will still be required.

Borders can be found cheaply at swap meets and online.

I also use the "clips and barriers" as you can use the clips to get the guardrails about 1 CM from the track which is often enough...

Another option is to use a base board and draw around the track and build a level up to create the boarders, not a good option if you want to set up and take down.

It is also worth mentioning the lead in and out barriers, you don't need barriers on all sections.