Red "Reset DCC Controller" button embedded in "All Stop" button

I am running RM with eLink. The reset dcc controller button continues to appear.

forum_image_642838117cff2.thumb.png.d7040ac17fc6d4c6cf5777f4c9e7e46e.png

It looked as though it was indicating a short but I cannot identify one. I have isolated the track and the point controllers (dcc concepts ADS 8SX).

forum_image_6428381d5fadb.thumb.png.3bf07eeaea454d2485bf39bffaffc97b.png

forum_image_6428382a906d5.thumb.png.233840757b2faa042680cbe9611b8613.png

I have even loaded RM and eLink without any contact with the layout at all. I have also amended the .ini files regarding the

Reset ckeck = 0

Alternative Comms = 1

Check Controller = 1

Has anyone any advice as I do not want to do any permanent damage to the layout.

Allan,

Just to reiterate WW's reply. The little red oblong is completely normal and indicates that you have an eLink track interface. If you had been using an Elite, the little red oblong would not be present as the Elite has a physical red button on the hardware.

Historically on the forum, the issue has been that the red oblong button didn't show with an eLink and questions were raised as to how to get it to appear.

As WW says, if you get a genuine short circuit that trips the eLink. Then you use the red oblong button to reset the eLink AFTER the cause of the short has been resolved to restore track power and normal layout operation.

It is an undocumented feature in the RM manual.