Pit lane speed limiter

Coaster

Not sure if this is a feature that had been modded already, but a sensor at the start of a pit lane that could be used similarly to the yellow flag option to automatically reduce the max power of someone coming into the pit lane

I presume you mean the digital pit lane and not the very old and out of production analog "Goodwood" pitlane with the physical switches in the track.

In the digital pitlane it would require a major reworking of the electronics.

There are really two avenues to approach it.

One would be decoupling the pitlane from the rest of the layout and apply a constant, low voltage, say 5-6 volts. The problem here could be the voltage being too low to get the car over the lane change at the end. It would also mean you can't make the car "stop" which is required for a pit stop on the ARC system.

The other option is with sensors and electronics that when tripped know the ID of the car and reduce power until a sensor at the other is tripped again.

Neither is impossible but not trivial in any way and probably very expensive...

• 10 months later...

I have never tried it but I reckon if you isolate the pit lane and then apply say 5 volts from a battery pack that ought to slow things down....
That does mean losing contact to the powerbase though which may cause other problems...