Railmaster WAV files

Hi

I have created a .WAV file of station announcements and city traffic and it plays fine in windows media player.

I have added it to the Railmaster/sounds/english folder, but when I try to create a button for sounds, the .WAV file doen't appear in the pull down menu.

Is there a limit on file size?

Is there a specific naming convention?

Should I be placing the file elsewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

Do I assume you are using RM PRO.

I only have RM standard edition so if you are using the PRO configurable button function then I am unable to replicate your button creation process, but I have been able to create a "play a sound" program using a dummy .WAV file (see note further below).

If you did the same, then I assume you could assign the "program" to your button rather than the .WAV file directly.

But first, after renaming the file in the Sounds/English folder, DID YOU close and restart RM for it to take effect. A restart might fix it.

Note: I created a dummy file named F_L_AAATemp.wav. This was not even a true WAV file, it was created as a 'text' .TXT file but just renamed to a .WAV file. It appears in the selection field when creating a "play sound" program as you can see in my screen grab that shows it listed.

forum_image_644fb7da51be4.thumb.png.d60833c04459f78ed035b5b092e3c156.png

Paul

Thanks for your efforts. Is there a way to loop/repeat the wav file?

The reason I ask is the file is currently 284Mb in size and runs for 24 minutes. I want to extend the running time without make the file too large.

The only way I can think of to do it (with limitation) is to use the 'Repeat' command in a 'Program'.

See pages 126 & 127 of the RM manual.

Basically create a 'program' to play your .WAV file include it in a 'Repeat' loop (see example on page 127). Then assign the program, rather than the WAV file to your screen button.

I don't think that there is a 'Repeat' continuiously option, you have to set the number of times the program is repeated, but if the WAV file runs for 24 minutes then 'Repeat 10 times' would equate to 240 minutes i.e 4 hours or 'Repeat 20 times' equates to eight hours etc. Enough time to cover a play session.