M10 TANK DESTROYER Help needed

seangoat

I received the M10 tank destroyer as part of the 'mystery box' and am really looking forward to building it but haven't got past page 1 !! The instructions indicate options for selecting the front sprocket , rear wheels and the part on top of the bogie with no explanation as to the correct forum_image_645beefcbc02b.thumb.png.375cfff5f8492d17014c72086f3fc2ff.pngforum_image_645bef0620008.thumb.png.884ab2c0d84edec0e860f0bfff6fc0f4.pngapplication of each option . Does anyone have an idea please ?

If you go into the 'Shop' view of the Airfix website and drill down to the M10 Tank Destroyer model then scroll down from the picture on the box then you will see the two options in profile (side view). There is a clear difference in the centre bogie wheels but I struggle to see the difference in the drive and rear sprockets but aligning the sprue numbers might help.

There's also a YouTube Wlakaround from Fort Benning that might help showing the tracks and bogies on a display tank.

Thanks Richard. I have seen a couple of build reviews and the same question comes up there about the ambiguous instructions. I found a brilliant photo of a preserved example at the Aberdean proving grounds but the wheel configuration is different to both images on the box art ! 🤦

Thanks Richard. Yes I was thinking along the same lines when looking at the instructions. As it happens I have managed to locate a wealth of info and footage of the M10 in action around Aachen in autumn '44 and also some images of early M10's in production and in the far east. Seems the spoked wheels were used on early versions and the solid road wheels on later variants. However the front sprocket could be either type judging by the footage I have seen. Best thing is I can now build the model !

• 2 weeks later...