Website Status

A website status page would be helpful. E.g., all shop orders until late afternoon today, have not had pending Hornby Reward points added due to an "IT" issue. Info on a status page explaining what is happening and confirmation that all orders missing reward points will be resolved by....., would save customer concerns / enquiry's?

Your suggestion was passed to Hornby for consideration and their response was enlightening.

They already have an internal alert system for when anything goes belly up and their aim is to fix any problems before gen-pop even knows there is a problem.

In the event this cannot be achieved then they move to stage 2 which sends alerts to associated users such as rewards points users, shop orders, etc.

Stage 3 would be black flag time when the site goes down and an OOPs screen would deploy.

From that I presume they feel no need for any further status screen.

Thanks for the update 96RAF.

There has been no communication to affected customers regarding all orders placed on Friday which are missing "pending" reward points, which is disappointing as the stage 2 process you describe indicates notifications would be sent out.

I guess that affected customers concerned by this will just have to email / phone them to gets things sorted or cancel orders. Hopefully things will get sorted out soon and reassurance provided by Hornby CS.

The rewards points update and accuracy problem was reported some time ago and the explanation given at the time was from memory that the system only refreshes daily. I seem to remember the end game was to have that happen dynamically.