Lack of paint numbers on instructions ?

forum_image_646d3d0a578a2.thumb.png.9345be84e0d9a1f9620adc901abe1e98.pngHello , novice here on my 3rd set which is the beloved 1:72 Avro Lancaster B.III and I have noticed on a couple of parts on the instructions that is no number to paint the part , is that a typo or just leave them not coloured ( painted ) . It just seems little daft to leave parts unpainted or is that the norm ? As I said I’m a 42 year man who found the love of model late in life and has only started so please be kind .

P3, You will find that the colours given on the instructions are really just an indication. An undercarriage leg for example will not just be silver in real life but a whole range of colours and shades. Take your building a stage further and look up pictures on the internet. It's a great source of information. You will find almost anything there.

"Research" is a huge part of model making and makes your model yours alone and different to anyone else's.

In the first Dambuster issue of this kit part D32 is referenced to paint number 33 (matt black). In fact turret interiors were usually matt black in order to reduce searchlight glare. It's curious that the paint number is missing as per the image above, the graphics are otherwise identical.

And the paint call-out numbers are not always correct.

P3, check the call-out for the colour to paint the upper fuselage that's under the rear of the cockpit canopy. Some of Airfix's Lancasters have it as #33 Matt Black. It should be #30 Dark Green. There are other call-out mistakes in other Airfix kits.

Chris