Car types - please help!

Joe-358868

Hi folks. I had a Scalextric set back in the 90's. Today, I bought another set second hand and things seem to have changed a bit!!

I have 3 types of car and I would like help to understand more about them. One is a classic car. Simple, no hatch. I get that one. The next has a hatch on the floor pan, under which is a plug with four wires going to a circuit that has what looks like an IR led poking through. I think this is a digital ready to race car. The last has a hatch, a plug inside but no circuit and no led. This is the one I'm struggling to understand. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Joe

Pictures would help confirm but likely you have a standard analog car (the first one), a digital car from a digital set (the second) and an DPR (digital plug ready) car that has the space for the digital chip but no chip in it yet.

Note that while cars with digital chips can run on analog track they have no brakes and may be more twitchy on the throttle making them hard to control.

Removing the chip and using a digital "blank" will make them behave like analog cars.

You can also cut the wires and use small plugs but I would have to look up the wiring to be sure how that works. You might loose lights (if the car has them) in this case....