Hattons HAT-PM-01D Digital Solenoid Point Motor with e-link/Railmaster

Has anyone got Hattons digital point motors to work with Railmaster/e-link? I cannot get them to operate and suspect the decoders are not saving the id allocated on the track plan. They will work on the AB prog connection on the e-link. Have tried the self-learning option and trying to write cv1 using the locomotive settings screen without success. Any ideas before I return them to Hattons?

No current heavy device should work from the Prog terminals, as the output is a very short burst of low current potential held within NMRA advisory limits.

Generally a self learning motor is set to learn then the point and desired direction is operated from the track-plan. The motor is then set back to run. Presumably the motor came with some instructions.

Have tried the self-learning option.........Any ideas before I return them to Hattons?

Before you send them back, you might have been doing the 'self learning' method incorrectly. Compare what you did to the guidance in Railmaster FAQ number 6 located in the Railmaster FAQ Index pinned sticky thread. In general, the FAQ6 methodology works with ANY 'self learning' decoder.

PS. If this decoder has 'self learning' capabilities, then you do not need to connect this decoder for any reason to the eLink Prog A&B terminals. Couldn't find this decoders manual on the Hattons website to confirm this.

Thank you for your responses.

Problem is resolved.

The instructions supplied with the point motor show the run/set switch positions incorrectly. The correct orientation is marked on the board in tiny lettering which is impossible to see when your head is under the baseboard!