Flashlights Dodge Monaco "Chicago Police" not working (new cars out of the box)

Hi,We now have 6 confirmed cases of defective turn signal lights on the Dodge Monaco Chicago Police.Is there a general error from the factory of the circuit board or the LEDs?The problem manifests itself as follows:3 new vehicles tested at a local dealership:first round of testing new vehicle right out of the box flashing lights worksecond test round only permanent lightfrom the third lap total failure of the flashing lights1 vehicle: online order from a German dealer:Flashing lights worked for about 2 minutes, after that they only glowed continuously1 additional vehicleOnline order from another German retailer:no flashing light function and also no continuous lighting of the flashing lightsAnother message from Facebook Ireland:also new vehicle only with continuous lighting of the flashing lightsI'm currently waiting for another new vehicle from a third dealer in Germany and I don't dare to test it at all anymore because I might destroy the circuit board?Scalextric - where is your product control before delivery to the dealers?How many vehicles will be affected? ALL ?Don't get me wrong, I will not be returning the expected vehicle, even under warranty, because I would rather have defective turn signals than not having the vehicle in my inventory and I will repair the vehicle myself with different turn signals if necessary, but with At the new prices that are now being asked for more than €60 [GBP 50], this is more than annoying and only generates additional costs.Is the manufacturer Scalextric already aware of the problem?Will there be a fix?greetings from Germanya sad slot car fan

Hallo Frank,

Grüße aus BW....

It is rare but when something goes wrong it goes wrong in "batches". For example there was a a batch of analog controllers that did not work so we heard about them all at once.

Hornby /Scalextric replaced them all.

So I am guessing you got one of a batch that had either malfunctioning lights or completely defective lights.

There was a micro chip shortage not too long ago and they were likely affected by this.

I see you mentioned the retailer (probably Carson?) and some Ireland Facebook (?) .

Hornby is based in the UK and they have many channels for you to get in contact with them directly. There is a contact form at the bottom of this page. There is also facebook, twitter and regular e-mail.

You can also call them during normal UK working hours.

Posting here in the forum is a good way to help Scalextric gauge if this is a wider issue but in order for you to get the best results I suggest contacting them directly.

Let us know how it goes.

Viele Grüße,

I suggest you contact Hornby directly (links at the bottom of this page).

In fact, I mentioned this to them (I am not an employee) and they asked you contact them.

Otherwise you are doing "stille Post" and it will likely take a long time for a result...