Newbie please be gentle with me

Sean-362024

Hi I’m new to slot racing at the age of 60 but a little confused with all the various options. I have purchased a second hand arc pro system to get me started with two controllers and I would like to race against 5 ghost cars is that possible ? Do I need arc pro controllers for all cars or can I use digital pro controllers ? Sorry if these are basic questions but things have changed a bit since the 60’s ! Thanks

Hi Sean and welcome!

No worries... things in digital racing can be fairly complicated. It isn't helped by the fact that every manufacturer has a different system that is incompatible with the others and the general vocabulary overlaps with things like radio controlled cars and real motor racing!

In order to use more than one ghost car (in ARC-speak pace car) you have to use the enthusiast created "MAGIC ARC APP". It is available where all Apps can be downloaded for Apple, Android and even Windows (i.e. you can use it with a PC/Laptop that has a Bluetooth dongle). Here is a thread where he sometimes responds to requests: https://www.slotforum.com/threads/magic-arc-app-requests.181426/page-19#post-2272109

You can also see lots of threads about how the APP works etc.

I personally have never tried to do multiple pace cars without a corresponding controller.

I might be possible, as you only need the controller initially to set up the ID of the car.

You won't break anything by trying though!

One important thing is you do need a digital chip in each of the cars. Some cars are "DPR=Digital Plug ready. See this page for more: https://uk.scalextric.com/community/advice/scalextric-digital (Ignore the info about the power base... that is an older model, refer to the quick guide of ARC PRO for more...)

Good luck!

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue and sorted it out and consider myself a newbie too.

I have 2 controllers for my two main cars - bound to the first two controllers - red and green.

I have two pace cars using magic arc app, bound to blue and white (I skipped to white cos the pace car is white, i know it's daft).

Obviously at the start i was scratching my head about how to bind a car without a throttle as when you bind to the same controller as a non-pace car, the pace car function doesnt want to work.

All I did was double tap on the power base for blue then white respectively and set the car up in the app as a pace car, calibrated etc and it worked immediately.

• 1 month later...