Hornby class 67 sound decoder

Andrew-368231

I am new to digital and have just acquired my first DCC loco....the Hornby class 67. I would like to install sound now so could you please advise on which sound decoder i need to get that will fit the 67. I just watched a you tube video and the speaker was rectangular and fitted in the fuel tank below the loco. Thanks

You have a choice - buy an expensive sound decoder from an independent manufacturer and get them to add a c67 soundfile and speaker or take a look at the TXS decoders and the HM7K system from Hornby.

For a start it’s around half the price and they have a c67 soundfile in development for release later this year.

You will need to download the app to a suitable phone/tablet to add that, or any other, profile to the decoder but after doing that you can use the TXS decoder under normal DCC control.

All the information you need is contained in the stickies at the top of the HMDCC section of this forum but take particular note of the sections on compatible power supplies and phones etc.

I would recommend the HM7000 DCC TXS from Hornby.

It is available in either 8 or 21 pin and although it can be used as a normal DCC Decoder, it is also controllable by Bluetooth from an Android or iOS phone or tablet. It is a very capable Decoder and all Sound files are free to download. The sound file for the Class 67 is not yet available but the schedule of availability is shown in the HM7000 section of this Forum on this thread:

Latest Sound Profile Status :: Hornby Hobbies

If you really want a 67 sound profile and you need it now, you could possibly find a TTS decoder in the shops. The decoder is not as capable as the new TXS decoders but it would tide you over until the TXS profile is ready, or you could run a similar TXS sound like a 31 or 66, etc.