Any recommendations for a paint stand for Humbrol 14ml acrylic dropper bottels?

Hi,

I'm new to the hobby but I'm starting to have an ever-growing collection of Humbrol 14ml dropper bottles. I don't have much space and have been searching eBay and Amazon for racks or stands etc (preferably verticle that can stand without needing to be attached to the wall). There is quite a large range. I wouldn't mind a steeply tiered one. I'm looking for value for money but with room for plenty of bottles. Does anybody have any recommendations? I've seen some at £15 and others at over £100, obviously 15-40 pounds is very much more my range. I've even seen some nail varnish ones that look quite good but I doubt they'd fit my paints. Does anybody have any advice or recommendations? Any secret knowledge or sellers I'm not considering. Any help would be very much appreciated. I already have 35 bottles and that's only going to increase as I expand into a few Luftwaffe planes and so forth, so I'm looking for something that can hold between 50 and 100 bottles. Thanks very much, all the best,

Richard :)

Hi richard i use draws they dont take a lot of room up, the draws come in different depths so look around to find ones that will take the bottles, mine only take the tins as I've had them some time but as i get more bottles i will get some new ones that they will fit inforum_image_651d2c25bd218.thumb.png.f923cd1b61ba7e42aedf49dc14b95ecc.png

Wow, cheers guys, thanks Paul and Ratch, that's really helpful. I don't have much space so was at first looking at something like this, it costs about £18, but with postage, it's more like £26. It stores 105 bottles and will fit in the small space I have against my wall. I have to build it myself but that's no problem. Do you think that's good value compared with the draws you fellows have? The advantage with this is that I can easily order and label them. But if drawers are better value for money I could make some space. I have 35 bottles so far which is all I need for RAF planes pretty much, although I am expanding into Luftwaffe a bit, all my American bombers I'm doing in RAF colours and decals, so if this is okay value for money I could always get drawers later if needed. Any ideas? Is this expensive for what it is? Thanks very much for being so helpful, really very much appreciated. I've only built and primed two planes, not even painted them (apart from the interiors but already have a stash of 13 planes with more on the way. I'm having lots of fun. Anyway, ta very much, all the best,

Richard :)forum_image_651dd50a07fe5.thumb.png.fe06b0355c9c29f9fd099293eb4922ba.png

Richard ...... you posted your last submission 6 times! When you come to press "submit" please do it ONCE and wait. It takes a bit of time to load because of the pictures. If you press it over and over again you make multiple submissions, which we poor mods have to sort out!

I must admit I've done it a couple of times myself ..........but I get away with it because I can delete them myself ;)

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I'm so sorry, I saw in my emails it had been blocked many times and thought it was a blocking email sent too many times, then I was trying to work out why it had been blocked. Very sorry, indeed, really very sorry indeed, many apologies. My mouse sometimes double clicks when I press it once anyway, but that is unheralded. I'm so sorry. In future, I will do it with my touchpad. Again, really very sorry, I'll try my hardest not to do it again, I hadn't realised I had, it was an accident, but as with modelling, I learn (slowly and poorly in that case, hopefully not this). Again, many apologies, all the best,

Richard :)

Cheers Ratch,

I think I might have just done it again, but my post has been sent to the mods so I can't delete it, thanks very much though. The problem is once I've made the post exactly how I like it then my mind switches off. I just think 'yes, done' the press my wonky mouse that multi-clicks instead of remembering to use the touchpad. I'll stick a note up somewhere on my computer :)