Best lining transfers?

Rana Temporia

I have been working on a number of small and industrial locos for a while and all are now at the stage where they need lining/decals. Has anyone got recommendations for lining transfers? I am using some new model master white/black/white for an NCB loco and intend to use them on my G&KER Blackpool. I have used them with no problems in the past but unfortunately they are breaking up as I’m using them. I’ve not changed my method so the product must have changed or I got one from a bad batch.

I also bought some Railtec transfers which seem OK but they had run out of the correct lining, has anyone used their lining products?

Any experience good or bad with lining products would be welcome. I do have a lining pen but it won’t do fine enough lines for what I need.

As per SteveM6's post don't go anywhere near Modelmaster. You do so at your own risk. He has been making excuses for taking people's money and not delivering their items for the best part of a year, none of which stack up. None of it is his fault of course rage. I invite you to go and take a look at his website, it's a shambles and all over the place

Thanks all, I think I will wait ‘til Railtec have them back in stock. I have managed to do the first loco with the Modelmaster ones but there was a lot of waste as the lining kept disintegrating and the finish isn’t great. I used to use SMS but I don’t know if they are still made? I have also used Fox in the past.

I may have to weather this one quite heavily, especially around the boiler bands.

forum_image_6533de97c04f6.thumb.png.8472ae403ab3123e40d8c690260bd7e5.png