Query on a car found in loft

Steve-371865

Hello. Apologies. First time poster and one with a query.

I found an old Scalextric car in the loft. I don't thnk it has ever been used and was going to put it on ebay. I'm just not really sure how to list it or what I actually have. Would love a bit of advice from people who know a lot more than me!

It has Kankkunen/Grist drivers. Obviously a Toyota Celica. About all I knowforum_image_6548b40c7db00.thumb.png.ce5ac7adcc9909c29a64273b748f87f4.pngforum_image_6548b41240740.thumb.png.53bb88c4f74e53e8a778da0696ae2fd0.png

Hi Steve,

I rejected the other posts as they all seemed to be the same.

The easiest thing to do is take it out of the package and look for any words, numbers or symbols that you can combine with "scalextric" and google it.

Compare photos and you should be able to narrow it down as to what it is.

Both Hornby Scalextric and Spanish Scalextric aka SCX produced a Castrol Celica so it could be form either brand.

The Spanish one will like say "SCX" somewhere and will have a longer, squarer motor that the standard Hornby round can.

Other than that take good pictures of the bottom and interior and use a 9 volt battery to see if the motor spins.

Don't worry about what it is "worth". It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and that could be a lot or very little.

I have bought cars "worth" 50€ for 1€ and sold them for 20€ ...

Good luck!

• 1 month later...