Hornby R1255 - Flying Scotsman Set - Contents

10 Class

Hello everyone.

Could anyone advise of the R numbers of the locomotive and carriages, that are included in the Hornby R1255 - Flying Scotsman Set, please?

I have obtained a set (Like new), which has everything in it, except the locomotive and 3 x carriages and i want to complete the set.

The box tells you very little about the contents, as does the 2022 Catalogue.

The 2022 catalogue (And box) merely says:

LNER Class A1 4-6-2 "Flying Scotsman".

Two LNER Composite Coaches.

LNER Brake Coach.

I know there are many versions of these items, however, i would imagine that they would all be later Railroad Model's.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Coaches, wagons and locos that are part of sets don't have their own R number, so the R number is the same as the set number. What this means is unless someone has split a set and is selling the carriages you may find it difficult to source the exact set items on their own (as the carriages have probably got unique running numbers that don't match any carriages sold separately).

If you bought the set as a split, then the original owner probably didn't need the track and controller.

I would suggest than rather than make up the contents of the set, it would be cheaper to buy another complete one. There are plenty on Ebay. I expect this would be cheaper than looking for the individual items as often when sets are split the contents are sold for more than the whole.

If you have a decent box and all the other parts, look for a complete one with a tatty box, or no track and controller. As Elloloco says, you’ll probably get it much cheaper than buying the loco and coaches separately.

I have sold off a few of my sets recently that I no-longer wanted. No-one was interested as sets even at silly low prices but selling them off as individual items I got more than I had been asking for the complete sets.

Hello everyone.

Thank you for the comments and advice.

As far as i can tell, to complete the set, i need:

R3086 - Railroad Flying Scotsman

R4332 - LNER Teak Composite x 2?

R4333 - LNER Teak Brake

The set would only contain items in production, as i can't see Hornby doing any special tooling just for starter sets. (Maybe different numbers on the carriages) They just leave the R numbers off the rollingstock.

Thanks again everyone.