HM7000 Accessory Decoder Support

I’ve been reading about the new HM7000 system after some time away from the hobby, and I’m a little confused about using it for wider operation of a model railway.

Some background: I got into railway modelling some years ago and used a Hornby Elite (with Railmaster software, each of which I still have) to control my trains. I also used a series of R8247 DCC accessory decoders to control points remotely. As I start putting together a new model railway I’m researching control methods, and while I think the HM7000 app may be ideal for train control, I can’t see any information on using it to control points and other accessories.

In short, can someone explain to me how remotely controlling points works in the app? There’s support for existing DCC locos using the upcoming legacy adapter; will the existing R8247 accessory decoders be similarly supported? Will some new hardware be required to control points going forwards?

For now you use HM6010 modules. You can set each port for point, light or signal, but only port 4 can operate a turntable motor.

In essence the module is a bluetooth enabled version of the R8247 acc decoder.

Once the HM7040 dongle is released and the app updated you will be able to operate existing R8247 units from the app by way of the Elite, in much the same way that you will be able to operate non-bluetooth locos from the app via the dongle.

forum_image_65a8039738426.thumb.png.ab4d625bbc87c7f16a34fb53edd35676.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JohnH said:

I now have the Dongle. When can we import the r8247 accessories via Elite as suggested above. 

No one outside the development team can answer the question of when.

• Like 1

The next surge of activity is to update the app for bluetooth consisting. Maybe then they will look at using R8247 via the dongle. At present in the engine shed (from where dongled devices are assigned) the only option is locomotive.