Links not working with Edge browser

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but it's really starting to irritate me that when viewing the Hornby site on Microsoft Edge browser (on a Windows 11 system) many of the drop-down menu items don't work when clicked, unless I right click and open as a new browser tab.

For example the brand drop-down when I want to go to Arnold rather than Hornby; the ellipsis menu to quote or edit a post on the forum.

Everything works perfectly on Chrome browser, which is great but given that Edge is supposed to be using the same underlying browser engine as Chrome I wonder what the difference is that causes the problem? I don't get the same problems with other websites on Edge.

It reminds me of when I used to create simple html web pages back in the 90s, and different browsers used to interpret differently or just ignore the "target" attribute specified when opening a link into the same browser window or a new window. <sigh>

I have one Edge browser that only responds to double clicks, very annoying as my trigger finger is a tad slow, yet another machine with Edge works perfectly from single clicks. I can find no browser or mouse setting that accounts for the disparate behaviour.

I use Windows 11 Pro and also Firefox and Opera as my browsers but test using Edge when developing websites. I have no issues like either of those listed above in the two posts thus far. All links work well and first time.

Any other behaviours are down to the machine you are using and how the settings are within. This could be OS related but are more likely your browser settings. Even the daftest and most nonsensical setting, where you would expect no fault to be derived, can cause a reaction such as those you find.

Another is how the code is interpreted on your PC as HTML is done on the PC (when you access a page) whereas PHP and other server side languages are interpreted on external servers and downloaded to your PC as HTML. This is, however, beyond your control. What it may show you is how each PC can translate or inteprate languages as they hit your browser.

If, for example, one piece of code is interpreted on your machine as it reaches you in a certain order it may be interpreted slightly differently on another PC if the code is received in a different order. This is usually down to how variables are programmed within the site code. Virus checkers can also have a baring don't forget especially if you have 'live' site tracking where the software looks out for malicious wares on each site you visit. The definition files can each interprate code differently and read such strings of code as malicious and stop it downloading. Thus rendering your site usage to be a little narky.

This is where, occasionally, lazy programing and non-checking comes in... or doesn't if you follow.