New loco identities

Silver Fox 17

Tonight I saw some 00 A4 nameplates advertised so wrote to the chap asking about rescaling to TT 120 and ironically he had already thought about it and just received them today. He will be painting what I have asked for in the next few days and hopefully post them around Tuesday next week. The plates are £6.75 a set.

The chap is called Douglas and his email is silvertaymodels@gmail.com

The A4 names so far are - bittern, wild Swan, sparrow hawk, mallard, falcon, seagull, William whitelaw, Sir nigel gresley, Union of South Africa, silver fox, silver king and kingfisher.

The A3 names are - flying scotsman, papyrus, salmon trout, merry Hampton, Humorist, Singapore, the white Knight, spearmint, blink bonny, night hawk, Prince palatine, d. turpin, Sir fredrick Banbury, woolwinder, centenary, Neil gow, Victor wild, trigo, flying fox, Blair athol, book law and enterprise. 

Unfortunately Turpins christian name is banned on here so I had to change it to his initial.

If all goes well he hopes to add more later.

Douglas has just informed me he also has some headboards,

They include:

Flying scotsman centenary, Yorkshire pullman, the Queen of Scots, the waverley, Royal scot, the jacobite, the mid-day scot, thames-clyde express, flying scotsman (plain style), flying scotsman with rose and thistle emblem and the elizabethan. 

As you can see from the photos above, Douglas is doing a cracking job producing these. He’s now looking into making up BR cab numbers to go with each nameplate.

It's fantastic to see someone taking the initiative with TT120 & should be applauded.

Here’s my attempt to show just how good & simple these are to use.

I have ordered too, Douglas was saying he has been taken quite by surprise with TT:120. I think some of the negativity about the scale from some quarters of the hobby has hindered these associated businesses from seizing a great opportunity. We need to support them 👍

My question is, which of the Name Plates are a proper mach for the Blink Bonny if I wanted to change it to something else, taking into account single and double chimneys and other differentcess between the locomotives. If I am going to change it might as well be done correctly. I am lucky enough to have 3 Blink Bonny's. This came about due to me wanting extra track and Pullman coaches and buying Scotsman sets seemed, to me, the most economical way to get them. Any info appreciated. Thanks.. 🤔🚂🚂🚂

Most plates will do a Blink Bonny as double chimneys and smoke deflectors were not fitted until BR days.

You would have to research what names had the taller chimney, and, correct tender. The corridor/non corridor tenders were built for some of these locos but a few transferred to A4's when built and received GNR style ones again. Ideally find a copy of 2A of the RCTS LNER locos.

I cannot remember if any LNER locos received the streamlined or banjo domes but photos would help.

It is easy enough to just Google LNER A1/3's but make sure you still look for a right hand drive loco as many were changed to left had drive while still LNER. This is noted by the ejector pipe. One loco to look at is 1470 Great Northern.

• 1 month later...