Hornby-Lima FS Fiat D445

HORNBY LIMA FS FIAT D 445 (youtube.com)

This Hornby-Lima locomotive marked a clear positive change for models that were valid from an aesthetic point of view but lacking in engines. The locomotive finally had an engine with cardan transmission enclosed in a zamak shell and LED lighting. The red light was not foreseen in the queue as the same model was reproduced under the Hornby Rivarossi brand with the addition of red lights. Hornby did even better by putting its hand to some popular Jouef models with the same philosophy but this time the red lights were present on the Jouef loisir models I hope that Hornby will restore the luster it deserves to Lima which will transform itself from a toy industry into an industry for much more sophisticated railway models. I wish Hornby all the best both for the English market but also for the prestigious brands acquired. I will publish on Monday the e424 with cardan transmission designed by Hornby for which I replaced the case with the Lima one released in 1960. For the time that case was stupendous like the Rivarossi and Märklin.Best wishes and have a nice week end,

Alberto (Aldebaran)

ps) in my video you see the following coaches

bar grill SNCF Lima Italia

Wagon Lits T2 Jouef France

Wagon Lits Excelsior made by A.C.M.E.