Sound issues between William Whitelaw and Scotsman

John208

Hi All. Today I added the Scotsman to my 'in progress' Easterner layout. All is broadly OK, I can control both trains on the app etc. However, two potential issues. Firstly the sound level on the Scotsman is completely overwhelmed by the sound on the William Whitelaw (WW), and secondly, now with the two trains I can no longer mute the sound for either loco via the app. Previously I could mute the sound for the WW. Therefore, if the WW is stationary in the siding it continues to 'puff away' and I cannot mute it. Any suggestions?

Many thanks

John G

For a start, have you installed the latest profile versions for each loco. The default sound level is lower on the newer profiles so not having the latest on WW may explain that problem.

Check out the latest in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Thanks, I'll try that. I updated the newly acquired Scotsman, but interestingly the WW went back to Hornby for warranty, and came back 'louder' than when I first had it. I'll update the WW and see what happens.

Hi again. Tried that, but no difference. In the end I've just reduced the volume of the WW so it doesn't over power. I wonder if the WW has a bigger or better speaker? I've also emailed Hornby support to see if they can help. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...