TXS Decoder not connecting to App

Hello again. I've had r3973 Sir Nigel Gresley on ebay for a couple of weeks and thought I'd better unlink the TXS decoder now before someone makes an offer. I tried the Loco on DCC first as the Loco had been sat in the box for a while and all was fine.

The problem is the app on my android tablet isn't connecting to it. The tablet is fine there is another TXS Loco on the track and that shows the blue connected symbol. I clicked on unlink anyway but it said it couldn't do it and I should unassign it and try again, I didn't do this as I couldn't figure it out.

After this I tried the Loco on DCC via my elink and it didn't work, after some head scratching I found the address had been changed to 3 and after changing the Loco address on Railmaster it still didn't work. I changed cv 29 to 2, it had been set to a long address and that didn't make any difference, I then changed cv 12 to 0 it was set at 2 it's now working perfectly via my elink.

Although the app showed not connected it must have done something. My problem is that on my tablet the bluetooth symbol still shows red not connected. I don't want to sell the loco with this problem, if it's not something that I'm doing wrong I think I'll remove the decoder and alter the listing accordingly. Thank you in advance for any help given

Before you can unlink and delete the decoder you must unassign it from the loco in your engine shed or in Manage Devices.

In engine shed, select the loco, go to loco settings and click on the decoder ID where the bluetooth symbol is. Agree to remove the decoder.

Now go back to manage devices, select that decoder and delete it. If if will not, do it 3 times, whereupon a new option to force delete will pop up. Press that and its gone.

You can then delete the loco from your engine shed.

If it doesn't work on DCC now, select it in RM, go to that loco CV list and with the loco on the eLink programming track change CV8 to value 8. Do not try to read the CV, just write the reset value blind. This will reset the decoder back to default address 3. It should then work on track.

On the manage device screen you have to first unassign the loco from the decoder then unlink and delete. Two buttons for two operations.

However, if you press the unlink button three times you will get a forced delete option. Press that to clear your system.

Just make sure you provide the new owner with the reset code in case they need it when they set it up.

Thanks to both of you, that's really helpful.

I'm going to take the other txs loco off the track and see if that makes any difference, the app still isn't connecting to this decoder.

If I can't get it to connect I'll just remove it and use it in another Loco, I'm not really bothered about bluetooth. I can't sell it on with this problem.

I'm struggling just now the other Loco isn't responding at all on DCC or bluetooth, I'm sure it's because of what I did yesterday.

The Loco I thought wasn't connecting actually was when I checked the serial number. I had saved the Loco details for the green one and the blue one (they are both the same engine apart from the colour) but the app is showing them the wrong way round, maybe that's me but I don't think I'd have made such an elementary mistake.

This means the Loco I have on ebay is fine but I'll have to sort out the other one later I've got to go hospital visiting just now. Thanks again I really do appreciate any help at all, I really don't know what I'm doing.

If you have assigned the wrong decoder to the wrong loco then you may be getting them mixed up on DCC and in the app, but if both are on track and live then when you select one it wouldn't respond but the other would confirming your mistake.

I would unassign both decoders from their loco. Delete both decoders and start again. You can leave the locos in the engine shed as they will be waiting for a decoder to be assigned to them.

Hello again.

I've unassigned the green loco and then unlinked and deleted the decoder as described here by you good people. This loco now responds perfectly both sound and movement on DCC via my elink on address 3.

I previously said the app showed the 2 Loco's the wrong way round in fact it doesn't it shows them correctly ? must be my eyesight or I wasn't looking properly.

The green Loco still appears in the engine shed as well as the blue one, there is a button saying delete unassigned Loco's or something like that, would I be right to click on that.

All I've got to do now is get the blue Loco running again, I think I've got a bit of idea how to do it but I'm going to have a coffee first.

Thanks again much appreciated

I just thought I'd try the blue Loco which wasn't working on DCC and wasn't connecting to the app last night. I really don't understand it but it's working fine both sounds and movement on the long address that I had originally set it to on my elink.

In the app it now shows the Loco is connected with the blue coloured bluetooth symbol. I don't understand this at all I was going to unassign the Loco unlink and delete it as was suggested and then start from scratch.

It seems I don't need to do anything else. Although I'm very surprised I'm also really pleased.

Thank you again for your help it really makes a difference when a novice like me gets a bit of guidance, without the advice I've had here I'd have been scared of doing anything for fear of causing damage.

Good to get your feedback and that all is well TM. It can be confusing until you get your head round the sequence of events interlinking the app and dcc. Throw in the odd app glitch and it makes for a bit of head scratching at times.