Strange Valenta TTS issue.

Darren-373700

Hello members

Hope some one might shed some light on this little issue ..

I purchased a twin pack TTS Valenta from a model show a few weeks back and have since fitted both into my old pair of Lima Fag Packet 'back up' HST's.

The problem is, one of the decoders plays the engine sounds ok, but as soon as you try any other spot sounds, it crackles, and just restarts the engine sound.

I'm living with it as it is in the dummy car and will probably only run in one direction. I think I can turn the horns volume down in this car via the cv's and wont really play many other sounds to be fair. Will be running both cars on one address too.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem and was there a cure? A decoder re-set proved fruitless  ...  It's definitely the one decoder as it was first installed in the power car, I removed and swapped with it decoder #2 which works fine.

Cheers Daz

I would suggest checking the speaker is sealed in its enclosure. Air leaking from one side of the speaker driver to the other can cause crackling. If you have another speaker try that, disconnecting at the speaker end, not at the decoder. When soldering tape the speaker to the bench to avoid the magnet making jump onto a hot iron.