Had issues with the Edit function on the new Forum.

Just now, LTSR_NSE said:

@ColinB with new forum (currently) you only have 15 mins in which to make edits, after which posts lock.

I think it was less than that. I posted the post, then noticed the Service Sheet they were referencing. 10 minutes at the most. Even so, would it not be an idea to have a pop up error that tells the user the reason?  In the old system where it didn't like a word it highlighted it. Thank you for telling me though.

If you go to make an edit after the limit has expired, edit option isn’t even available.  Possibly you started edit within limit, but it expired before you hit submit & therefore trapped you in no man’s land.

If this is what occurred, then agreed that an explanatory error message would be helpful.

7 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

If you go to make an edit after the limit has expired, edit option isn’t even available.  Possibly you started edit within limit, but it expired before you hit submit & therefore trapped you in no man’s land.

If this is what occurred, then agreed that an explanatory error message would be helpful.

I suspect that is what happened. I did try looking at the source to check timings, I could find it for one of the posts but not the other. I must admit if the Edit option works, then I assume that it will load it back.