Issues/teething problems with HM7040 Legacy Dongle

Surely I can't be the only one who's having trouble with my much anticipated dongle.
It arrived today.. I was quite excited to get it setup and see how good it was. (could be)
I followed the instructions to the letter..
Linked fine and then asked to be updated (firmware) so I duly tapped the update button and instantly got a message saying update failed, firmware error (or something very similar)

please try again... that didn't work..
I've powered cycled everything and now the dongle is showing as a "resettable device" which I can't do as I don't have the reset code... 
Seems I'm stuck already...

Hornby select without update.. could that be an issue?

CURED!!
I done a hard reset on the dongle, then re linked it to the app. It went straight through.. no update required, no code required.. and at least now I can see the dongle and it's reset code which has duly been noted down on a piece of paper which I'll probably lose in a day or so..

Such a shame the system only reads/writes HM7000 CV's.. Maybe I'm asking to much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete aka Spanner said:

CURED!!
I done a hard reset on the dongle, then re linked it to the app. It went straight through.. no update required, no code required.. and at least now I can see the dongle and it's reset code which has duly been noted down on a piece of paper which I'll probably lose in a day or so..

Such a shame the system only reads/writes HM7000 CV's.. Maybe I'm asking to much.

Think about it. . . .
The app reads Bluetooth decoders CVs over the air.

The dongle passes app commands to the dcc controller which talks to legacy decoders thru' the rails, same as normal.

To read legacy decoder CVs from the app you would still have to move that loco to the programming track if your controller supports service track programming.

• Like 1