Looking for Some Advice

Jon_

Hi, I'm looking to sell my parents old Hornby train set and accessories as a job lot but not sure about how to value it. Any ideas? The eBay prices seem to vary widely in some cases. Is there anywhere I can send photos and get some idea of the value?

Many thanks

Jon

I think some of the larger firms who deal with second-hand tend to want you to pack and post stuff for them to appraise, then they make an offer which you can accept or refuse in which case they return the items.   I'm not sure they're into offering a valuation service. 
Is there a model railway club near you? Perhaps a member of the club would be able to offer advice.  Obviously "worth" is very subjective.
Ebay can be a reasonable guide to the current "going rate"  if you search for the prices of listings which actually sold, rather than going by asking prices which can be a bit "optimistic" sometimes and remain unsold.
A general tip for the future: it's best to make the title of your post more specific / descriptive (eg. what are you asking for advice about) so that other readers know to what it refers and whether or not they may have anything to contribute 🙂 

Edited by ntpntpntp

I find that auction with 99p start on things where there is good interest but you don’t know the value gets good results. Ultimately it gets what it’s worth on that day at that time. Model railways do have a strong following so it won’t be a disaster 😁