Spitfire Squadron

I was just responding to a thread on military vehicles which brought my mind back to a diorama I created a year or so ago. I called it “Spitfire Squadron” and ran the release of its many parts via social media. It’s very much a mismatch of eras as I both wanted to show a Battle of Britain dispersal area and the introduction of the first bomb carrying Spitfire Mk.Vc . The premise of the diorama is that this is a pre D-Day view, with Spitfires being loaded up for attacks on enemy infrastructure across the channel, and military bigwigs coming to discuss some element of the upcoming operation.

Once completed, I stumbled on a video that a fellow modeller had done to show of their airfield diorama and I thought I’d like to have a go at this myself. This is where the mismatch of eras really kicks in, as I used the soundtrack from that amazing 1960s film the “Battle of Britain”. I tried to post the video here, buts it’s just too large, so if interested in seeing it, I’ve a copy on YouTube and have pasted the link below. I’m just sorry I can’t provide popcorn 🍿😊

• Like 1