TT:120 HST Swift Is Here

Dodge1965

6 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Those sounds take you right back donโ€™t they, Leeds Station in the 80โ€™sย 

They sure do.. I thought the 08 shunter sounded so good and made me turn away from steam to diesel..ย  But these are another level up..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Those sounds take you right back donโ€™t they, Leeds Station in the 80โ€™sย 

Class 47 Sulzer and HST Valenta engines are two of the most evocative sounds from those days. *volume down a bit though*

Edited by Moccasin
  • Like 2

A Valenta powered 125 at full tilt on the racing straights past Thirsk on the ECML, turbo chargers screaming a woosh of Mk3s and another Valenta moments laterโ€ฆ a sound only to be matched by a Deltic โ€˜giving it the beansโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜ Happy days walking the dog ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

A Valenta powered 125 at full tilt on the racing straights past Thirsk on the ECML, turbo chargers screaming a woosh of Mk3s and another Valenta moments laterโ€ฆ a sound only to be matched by a Deltic โ€˜giving it the beansโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜ Happy days walking the dog ๐Ÿ˜

A group of train sound spotters.... Me thinks ๐Ÿฆป

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave the Busker said:

Just got word that my HST delivery is at my local DPD depo and should be with me this afternoon ๐Ÿ™‚ย Can't wait to be adding my photos and video to this thread!

Dave, Great news... Look forward to seeing more people with the HST. Hopefully the coaches will turn up, for the full effect..

32 minutes ago, Dodge1965 said:

Just had an email from Hornby. Double points on stock items, from today to 11th... Really Hornby... I just spents hundreds on the HST and coaches.. Talk about timing

You think is it delbrate sometimes lol, you have to run the gauntlet of double points might come up vs stock running outย 

1 minute ago, Postman On The Rails said:

You think is it delbrate sometimes lol, you have to run the gauntlet of double points might come up vs stock running outย 

I agree... Tempted to send coaches back when they arrive..

large.2987CA84-0497-4757-A0C1-00380E8F0317_1_201_a.jpeg.bad43346443b9a230ffd6bdb574d989c.jpeg

It's here! Running in just now. Some minor glitches, out of the box the coupling on the non-motor loco had worked loose in transit and the coupling bar detached from the rest of the coupler, and it had a habit of derailing on bends. I've been able to sort the coupling ok and running in seems to have loosened the bogies up so it's stopped derailing. Once those were fixed, so far so good. Running well, head and tail lights are coming on fine on my DC analogue tracks. Looking forward to the coaches arriving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave the Busker said:

ย 

It's here! Running in just now. Some minor glitches, out of the box the coupling on the non-motor loco had worked loose in transit and the coupling bar detached from the rest of the coupler, and it had a habit of derailing on bends. I've been able to sort the coupling ok and running in seems to have loosened the bogies up so it's stopped derailing. Once those were fixed, so far so good. Running well, head and tail lights are coming on fine on my DC analogue tracks. Looking forward to the coaches arriving.

Sorry to hear you have had issues..ย  Glad its running and working now.ย  Great to see others with this loco..ย  Did you have any trouble with the dummy car mounting screws?

8 minutes ago, Dodge1965 said:

Sorry to hear you have had issues..ย  Glad its running and working now.ย  Great to see others with this loco..ย  Did you have any trouble with the dummy car mounting screws?

Thankfully minor ones that were straightforward to fix, probably got a bit bumped around in shipping. I've not touched any of the mounting screws, as I'm running DC I've not been in to fit any decoders. Sitting watching it run around the Hollybush branchline track just now and all seems to be well ๐Ÿ™‚

Just now, Dave the Busker said:

Thankfully minor ones that were straightforward to fix, probably got a bit bumped around in shipping. I've not touched any of the mounting screws, as I'm running DC I've not been in to fit any decoders. Sitting watching it run around the Hollybush branchline track just now and all seems to be well ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry forgot/missed the DC part...