HST Executive stock level

Ok, just for curiosity, I wonder how many HST Exec power car packs there are in stock? I know some of you tech 🤓can see this kind of thing with your witchcraft mumbo jumbo … (looking up some codes) I could do it by making a fake order and just putting in numbers until it says out of stock but wouldn’t want to either take away a model from anyone of end up with the entire stock on my doorstep! 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

I’m thinking that the ordered stock Hornby have delivered were all at club member discount and any one that missed the HST boat (me) will order elsewhere

If you order with the double points offer ( which is showing on the HST right now) you get £44 worth of points for the £220 model.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

If you order with the double points offer ( which is showing on the HST right now) you get £44 worth of points for the £220 model.

Can you please stop rubbing it in !!!!! 😩🤣 Plus the double points from the 30 coaches i ordered.... Gutting

Just now, Dodge1965 said:

Can you please stop rubbing it in !!!!! 😩🤣 Plus the double points from the 30 coaches i ordered.... Gutting

did you not get a 15% discount and 10% points (or 20% points) already?

Just now, Moccasin said:

did you not get a 15% discount and 10% points (or 20% points) already?

Just points.. As i ran out in January for the 15% discount. But i do have pre orders from the original costs, so some saving grace..

Before we get too de-railed… we will have actual numbers to put on the success of Hornby TT:120, something that no ‘Narcissistic YouTuber’ has ever been able to do…. Mainly because they don’t know anything other than their own warped opinion of what should happen… Quite heavy for a Friday but I know a few people have been upset and bothered by some of the Troll comments about TT:120, it’s amazing how enlightening the truth based on facts can actually be 😁

7 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

So if I cancel the locomotive and coaches at Rails it costs £33 more to buy at hornby but I get £44 worth of points to go against the class 50 orders I have in place from my 15% discount days? 

Well the £44 is just for the locomotives/power cars, so if the coaches are all in stock you would get £66 (assuming full purchase cost at Hornby is £330) - apologies if I misunderstood your purchase/point.

Edited by Moccasin
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

No you didn’t misunderstand, I approximated the amounts. Would these £66 worth of points be transferable to preorders already in the system?

Not sure that you can - I THINK that points need to be used at the point of order. So if you don't intend to buy anything from Hornby direct any time soon, cheaper cost now may be better.

Double points are only on in stock items, so you would have to be quick.  Not sure the double points are better than the 15% plus points you already have on those orders?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ellocoloco said:

@Moccasin & @HST Mainline How do you determine the remaining stock levels?

If you’re on desktop version of the website, you can right click on the product page and choose “view source” from the menu that appears.

This opens another tab showing the html web code driving the page. Some parts are complete gobbledegook (but to a geek like me still interesting!). Some code stretches across the page for what feels like miles, whereas other sections are easily readable on the left of the page without scrolling sideways. Thankfully the stock code section is an easier section, generally towards the very bottom of the code.

Scroll right to the bottom of the page and move up until you see a section of code which looks fairly simple and towards the bottom of the section there’ll be a “stock level” label and a number next to it which is the remaining stock. Pre-order  items will have a negative number.

I know there’s a search function somewhere, but in fact the stock level label appears several times so I think this is actually quicker. Just check that the stock level you’re looking at refers to the model you’re interested in (the code defines the product it’s referring to a few lines above).

It is possible on devices too but, on Apple iOS at least, requires an app. Explanation above is for Edge browser on Windows. Other browsers are available and similar.

(Apologies to any web developers reading this, for whom my explanation will likely be akin to hearing nails scratching down a chalkboard.)

Edited by Moccasin
Pedantry
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Moccasin said:

If you’re on desktop version of the website, you can right click on the product page and choose “view source” from the menu that appears.

This opens another tab showing the html web code driving the page. Some parts are complete gobbledegook (but to a geek like me still interesting!). Some code stretches across the page for what feels like miles, whereas other sections are easily readable on the left of the page without scrolling sideways. Thankfully the stock code section is an easier section, generally towards the very bottom of the code.

Scroll right to the bottom of the page and move up until you see a section of code which looks fairly simple and towards the bottom of the section there’ll be a “stock level” label and a number next to it which is the remaining stock. Pre-order  items will have a negative number.

I know there’s a search function somewhere, but in fact the stock level label appears several times so I think this is actually quicker. Just check that the stock level you’re looking at refers to the model you’re interested in (the code defines the product it’s referring to a few lines above).

It is possible on devices too but, on Apple iOS at least, requires an app. Explanation above is for Edge browser on Windows. Other browsers are available and similar.

(Apologies to any web developers reading this, for whom my explanation will likely be akin to hearing nails scratching down a chalkboard.)

I just search for data-stock-level … as bad as me we systems analyst 

Just a quick point on the data stock level. It's important to distinguish between Hornby's entire stock of products and Hornby's website. Much like other retailers, hornby.com receives an allocation from the Hornby warehouse. I presume it receives first priority for additional allocations. That's why the 08 shunter on hornby.com sold out repeatedly and then was restocked. Basically, Hornby's warehouse allocates more of their supply to hornby.com as needed. The data stock level is a helpful tool to track the pace of sales, but it can be difficult to gauge when exactly something will be sold out for good. 

And with that nerdy explanation, I shall see myself out... 🤣

• Like 4