TT:120 Wagon Camera

Dodge1965

Has anyone used a camera mounted on a wagon for videos on TT track and wagons?

I was looking at the Polariod Cube + , not seen many others that might work..

Anyone done anything like this for TT or N?

Thanks

I have had a couple of different ones with mixed results, one was a 00 wagon which I cut down but the pictures not as colourful as I wanted, the other a small flatish one advertised as ideal for model railways was rubbish and.refuswd a refund as the company thought it was okay.

I do have a Polaroid cube but too big to either clear platforms or tunnel. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

I have had a couple of different ones with mixed results, one was a 00 wagon which I cut down but the pictures not as colourful as I wanted, the other a small flatish one advertised as ideal for model railways was rubbish and.refuswd a refund as the company thought it was okay.

I do have a Polaroid cube but too big to either clear platforms or tunnel. 

I thought the cube would work as its 35mm wide and high? I've seen a special wagon for it and the maker recons he could do a TT one..

• Like 1

Yes it's been done loads of times in N.  To be honest I find such videos uninteresting, they do show up scenery faults etc. that need sorting out as you see the layout from a different angle 🙂  

9 minutes ago, Dodge1965 said:

I thought the cube would work as its 35mm wide and high? I've seen a special wagon for it and the maker recons he could do a TT one..

Mine set central and low enough to go through the tunnel hit the platforms, moving it to to side to clear the platform on the right it hit the tunnel on the left, central but high enough to clear.the platform it hit the tunnel top. Other layouts might have something set up differently. .

3 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

Mine set central and low enough to go through the tunnel hit the platforms, moving it to to side to clear the platform on the right it hit the tunnel on the left, central but high enough to clear.the platform it hit the tunnel top. Other layouts might have something set up differently. .

Thanks.. As i have no platforms and the tunnel is not built. Yes it would work for now. But as they go in, sounds like it won't.. Maybe there is a smalled camera out there.. I have used a usb camera power for night shooting. I might be able to use something like that.  Thanks again for info and help.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ntpntpntp said:

Yes it's been done loads of times in N.  To be honest I find such videos uninteresting, they do show up scenery faults etc. that need sorting out as you see the layout from a different angle 🙂  

Do you know what the camera was?

An acquaintance of mine is using this one on his TT scale layout and deems it acceptable. As long as one adheres to the clearance standards set by NEM, it will give no trouble, and the frame quaility is rather good. Be warned, however, that all of these cameras provide only marginal sound quality.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ateshci said:

An acquaintance of mine is using this one on his TT scale layout and deems it acceptable. As long as one adheres to the clearance standards set by NEM, it will give no trouble, and the frame quaility is rather good. Be warned, however, that all of these cameras provide only marginal sound quality.

Thanks very much.. Will take a look. I think most that size will not have the best sounds. I guess u can't have everything..