Class 50 Leviathan Due Season Change

It's showing as the 13th May for me. On the same day we are also expecting the class 50 "Sir Edward Elgar" and all the MK2F coaches - 6 in total 3 in each livery. Just in time for my birthday 😁

• Like 3

I was told Leviathan was coming in June when I attended Model Rail Scotland.

As has been said before, I really wouldn’t set much confidence in exact dates shown in the metadata. The shipment likely won’t even have left China yet so they won’t know arrival date to that level of accuracy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moccasin said:

I was told Leviathan was coming in June when I attended Model Rail Scotland.

As has been said before, I really wouldn’t set much confidence in exact dates shown in the metadata. The shipment likely won’t even have left China yet so they won’t know arrival date to that level of accuracy. 

Party Pooper 😛 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Party Pooper 😛 

I’m happy to be proven wrong! It’s possible that things have moved forwards a bit since MRS. I recall a date of March 12 had been mooted for the HSTs but I think they arrived a week later, which would still put them earlier than June if similar timescales apply. 

• Like 1

Someone within Hornby went to the trouble of updating all those dates to May 13th and its only just been changed as when I last checked the availability of my pre-orders (last weekend) the old dates where showing.

Unless they just do it for fun to see if there is a reaction 🤣

• Haha 1

I think the dates are tied to other things so when one part of the hidden system is updated there are Global changes. No idea what accounting and planning/forecasting software they use but they all do similar things. The idea someone sits and spooks us with random dates is funny though 🤣

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rallymatt said:

I think the dates are tied to other things so when one part of the hidden system is updated there are Global changes. No idea what accounting and planning/forecasting software they use but they all do similar things. The idea someone sits and spooks us with random dates is funny though 🤣

They have a random date generator 😝 One from the top and five from elsewhere please Carol 😜 

Edited by Postman On The Rails
  • Haha 5

Class 50s no longer showing as pre-order from the main TT Loco screen, they do show pre-order when you click on them. This includes the 'spring 2025' GBRf livery.

I suspect this is a web site error rather than a sign they are about to be released. It would however be amazing *if* they did get an early release. 

• Like 1

The digital Easterner set is the same, even though the analogue set is still showing as pre-order in the listings page   It’s possible they’ve all arrived early in a new shipment. Not sure my credit card can cope if so!

I suspect there’s a lot of website work going on behind the scenes to prepare for Tuesday’s range announcement and that may be causing glitches. 

Edited by Moccasin
Added point about website work