Dakota C47 Skytrain

Tony57

Hi

I am looking for some information please, can anyone tell me what the inside of the body color is for the Dakota C47 Skytrain either the British or American version also the floor color.?

Also does anyone know what color of the inside of the body of a Airspeed Horsa Glider is please?  

I think a Horsa would probably be Humbrol 78 British Interior Green, which is a slightly greyer green than the American Interior Green (Humbrol 226), which is more yellow hued. American aircraft in British service would have been left in the American green inside. There are other variations of the interior green, such as the Grumman interior green, which was a more bronze green colour.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 15:47, Tony57 said:

Hi

I am looking for some information please, can anyone tell me what the inside of the body color is for the Dakota C47 Skytrain either the British or American version also the floor color.?

Also does anyone know what color of the inside of the body of an Airspeed Horsa Glider is please?  

I took a few shots of the C-47 in the museum at Sainte-Mère-Église last year. The lighting was not great but, if you zoom in, it looks interior green to me 😊

IMG_6358.thumb.jpeg.eddfbc8bc3f2c1b414f94c48319e1b9c.jpeg