Brighton Belle

Hi

I own the R3184 Brighton Belle train pack. This is the one which is DCC fitted and has a plug-together electrical connection between the cars to provide ON/OFF table light function across to the dummy car.

Was there ever a set of extra coaches for this pack which had the same plug together connections?

I have looked at a series of 3 coach sets but they all have standard close coupling plastic connectors or even the standard Hornby bar and hook connectors. These will not work with the R3184 set.

I think you could probably fit coaches R4512, R4513 and R4514 (these coaches did not come as a pack) - these are the coaches that went with R2987X (DCC fitted). I don't think R3184 was DCC Fitted - no "X" after the number. Whatever you do, do not consider coach pack R4871, these coaches went with R3606 and have different coupling/connections, and will only attach to R3606.

For some reason I do not have the R3606 Driving/Trailer cars, but I do have all of the others.

Edited by Bulleidboy

I would add that there are specific coaches for the Brighton Belle Motor/Trailer units. Normal Pullman coaches will not fit, and are actually a different shape.

All Brighton Belle coaches have electrical couplings.